I love questionnaire type things so when I saw it over at Rae's I just had to steal. It was the shortest quiz and the personality traits are surprisingly accurate on a lot of points. I will point out which ones are dead on and which ones are sort of...off.
In other news, I did a little photo shoot this weekend and some "landscaping". Of course I took pictures because what else should a naughty girl do...well except post one or two (hint hint for the clicky click) on Thursday.
And now for some fluff...
Your result for Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else? Mad Men-era Female Icon Quiz...
You Are a Marilyn!
You are a Marilyn -- "I am affectionate and skeptical."
Marilyns are responsible, trustworthy, and value loyalty to family, friends, groups, and causes. Their personalities range broadly from reserved and timid to outspoken and confrontative. (Oh yeah...I have a wide range of emotions and stay in touch with each and every one of them on a fairly regularly basis.)
How to Get Along with Me
- * Be direct and clear (Absolutely! I want to know where I stand and I'm a total flop at mind reading so please...be direct!)
- * Listen to me carefully
- * Don't judge me for my anxiety
- * Work things through with me
- * Reassure me that everything is OK between us (Again...I need to know we're in a good place.)
- * Laugh and make jokes with me
- * Gently push me toward new experiences
- * Try not to overreact to my overreacting. (Out of this whole thing, this is probably the most important statement to remember...gosh I do a lot of overreacting. I'm trying to be better, but darn is it hard sometimes...)
- * being committed and faithful to family and friends (I value someone who sticks with me through the good stuff and the huge stinky piles of crap that sometimes come along with being in a relationship.)
- * being responsible and hardworking
- * being compassionate toward others
- * having intellect and wit
- * being a nonconformist
- * confronting danger bravely
- * being direct and assertive
- * the constant push and pull involved in trying to make up my mind (Sometimes people get put out with me because I like to ask every one's opinion about things before I make up my own mind. Actually, the truth is I've made up my mind, but sort of want reassurance that I'm not the only one feeling that way.)
- * procrastinating because of fear of failure; having little confidence in myself
- * fearing being abandoned or taken advantage of (How true...I always say my worst fear is being left...physically and emotionally. I'm not sure where that fear comes from but oh dear is it a battle I fight more than I want to.)
- * exhausting myself by worrying and scanning for danger
- * wishing I had a rule book at work so I could do everything right
- * being too critical of myself when I haven't lived up to my expectations
- * are friendly, likable, and dependable, and/or sarcastic, bossy, and stubborn (Yeah, I was a blend of all that...more so that bossy and stubborn part.)
- * are anxious and hypervigilant; anticipate danger
- * form a team of "us against them" with a best friend or parent
- * look to groups or authorities to protect them and/or question authority and rebel
- * are neglected or abused, come from unpredictable or alcoholic families, and/or take on the fearfulness of an overly anxious parent (The part that is absolutely NOT true...I was NEVER neglected or abused, nor do I come from a home with anxious alcoholic family members. So off...)
- * are often loving, nurturing, and have a strong sense of duty (I will need a partner parent that can be all of the above but that can be the disciplinarian too.)
- * are sometimes reluctant to give their children independence
- * worry more than most that their children will get hurt
- * sometimes have trouble saying no and setting boundaries
Take Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else? Mad Men-era Female Icon Quiz at